The Davis Cup ranks as the most anticipated international tennis team event and 888sport provides top betting odds for this contest!
The Davis Cup is run by the ITF (International Tennis Federation) and it features as the leading knockout contest in global tennis. The current rankings of the ITF Davis Cup nations include the following updated selections:
• Spain on 38,701.57 points in first position.
• Serbia on 24,781.25 points in second position.
• Argentina on 23,743.75 points in third position
• France on 18,680 points in fourth position
• Czech Republic on 14,610.63 points in fifth position
The rankings for positions 6 through 10 include the following countries: Croatia, USA, Austria, Kazakhstan, and Russia. The ITF Davis Cup ranking system was initiated in 2001 to allow for a comparative analysis between global teams. The featured players at the Davis Cup include: Roger Federer, Milos Raonic, Jurgen Melzer, Tomas Berdych, David Nalbandian and Jo-Wilfred Tsonga among others. Punters can place bets on team selections at the U.K.'s leading online bookmaker – 888sport. Internet betting has assumed stellar status under 888sport’s stewardship. Tennis aficionados and betting fans like will be able to enjoy a wide range of top-notch promotions, free bets, free betting selections, live in-play bets and more.
The History of the Davis Cup Winners and Team Rankings
The prestigious Davis Cup contest has been going for 112 years. Some 16 teams compete in the Davis Cup from the World Group, and 137 teams in total. The current structure of the Davis Cup comprises 5 levels. Each of these levels comprises specific groups of countries, including the Americas, the Euro/African zone, European zone, Asia/Oceania zone and so forth. Betting odds for teams in each of these respective categories are available at 888sport. The following betting selections are available for sports enthusiasts:
• Betting Selections on Serbia at Odds of 11:4
• Betting Odds on the USA at 8:1
• Betting Odds on France at 3:1
• Betting Odds on the Czech Republic at 10:1
• Betting Odds on Argentina at 7:2
• Betting Odds on Croatia 33:1
• Betting Odds on Spain at 4:1
• Betting Odds on Austria at 66:1
Please note that each way bets on 2 places are listed at odds of 1:3 as at 6 April 2012.
A History of the Winners, Predictions and More – Compliments of the Davis Cup Past Schedule
The winners for the Davis cup championship from 2011 to 2007 include the following teams:
• 2011 – Spain beat Argentina 3 – 1
• 2010 – Serbia beat France 3 – 2
• 2009 – Spain beat Czech Republic 5 – 0
• 2008 – Spain beat Argentina 3 – 1
• 2007 – USA beat Russia 4 – 1
888sport - one of the best online bookmakers – provides punters with a wide range of betting selections, including the 88th minute special, free bonus cash to bet with, and a top-notch online betting platform. Highlights of the Davis Cup matches from the current contest and even from previous years are readily available on tennis TV channels, the Internet and other sports broadcasts. The final results of the Davis Cup matches will be posted on the Davis Cup website as soon as they become available. In this tennis tourney, the past (history) is certainly a great predictor of the future results and Spain and Serbia are certainly top contenders.