The Premier Grass Court Grand Slam Gets Underway in June 2012.
Few spectator sports are as thrilling as the Wimbledon Grand Slam tennis championships. Players from around the world will be jockeying for position ahead of the 25th June opening games. This prestigious tennis championship is played in Wimbledon in the London Borough of Merton in the United Kingdom. The venue for the games is set at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club. Predictions for the 2012 fixtures have already been published. The leading tennis stars and their associated betting odds are readily available. Punters around the world are able to make their predictions based on the history of player performances. The broad table of fixtures has been announced with the following events slated to take place:
• The Prize Money for the Tournament will be announced in April of 2012
• The Wild Card play-offs on the 11th of June 2012
• The Wild Cards are announced on the 12th June 2012
• On the 18th June 2012, Qualifying Commences
• Seedings are announced on the 20th June 2012
• Qualifying ends on the 21st June and the Wimbled Draw begins on the 22nd June
• Wimbledon Commences on the 25th June 2012
• The Men’s Final is on the 8th July and the Ladies’ Final is the 7th July
Fixtures, Betting Odds, Highlights, Free Bets and More from the UKs Top Sportsbetting Site
Top UK online bookmaker, 888sport has the tennis stars pegged at the following odds with final results standings:
The Ladies’ Final Winner on 7th July 2012
• Petra Kvitova at odds of 3:1
• Serena Williams at odds of 3:1
• Victoria Azarenka at odds of 5:1
• Maria Sharapova at odds of 7:1
• Kim Clijsters at odds of 14:1
• Samantha Stosur at odds of 16:1
Each-way betting selections on 2 places are at odds of 1:2 for the 17th June 2012 at 12:00 noon.
The Men’s Final Winner on the 8th July 2012
• Novak Djokovic at betting odds of 7:4
• Rafael Nadal at betting odds of 2:1
• Roger Federer at betting odds of 9:2
• Andy Murray at betting odds of 6:1
• Juan M Del Potro at betting odds of 16:1
• Bernard Tomic at betting odds of 20:1
As with the Ladies’ betting, each-way bets on 2 places are at odds of 1:2 for the 17th June 2012 at 12:10 pm.
Fixtures, Schedules, Results and Free Bets Aplenty
The estimated prize money in the contest is some $23,800,000 or €16,600,000. The UKs leading sportsbooks and Internet bookmakers, 888sport especially, provides punters with live-in play betting, highlights, free bet options and generous promotional packages ahead of the Wimbledon Tennis Championship. Top promotional offers include the likes of a guaranteed £/€/$ 10 Free Bet, plus a smashing tennis gear package. As the Australian Open gets going, so players can score with free bets with 888sport. And players can receive up to £/€50 free bet in the Aussie Open promotion with 888sport. Multiple fixtures pepper the schedule ahead of the Wimbledon Grand Slam. A full history of plays is available at tennis sites and in betting schedules.